About Southern Technical Institute
Southern Technical Institute (STI) Credentials:
- Licensed by Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
- Approved CE-Broker #5015636
- Approved CEU Provider for Nursing Home Administrators
- Approved Prometric Regional Test Center for Florida CNA Examination – Pinellas County
- Member of Better Business Bureau with A+ rating
- Approved by National Healthcareer Association
- Approved CareerSource Training Provider for Central Florida, Tampa Bay, and Pinellas.
Welcome to Southern Technical Institute
Southern Technical Institute (STI) is an entry-level career education school dedicated to providing students with career training and education in a student-centered environment. The school combines traditional and innovative teaching techniques in the areas of health sciences.
Delivered in a dynamic and professional environment, the curricula are designed to deliver intensive, hands-on training in core technical areas in combination with communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a broad-based career-based education. STI has been helping students in Florida to prepare for their future careers for more than 10 years.
STI was formerly known as Florida Medical Prep, which was founded in 2003 to offer nursing assistant examination preparation in Largo, Florida. Over the years, the school has expanded to offer instruction in First-Aid, CPR certifications, Med (Pass) Tech courses, plus diploma programs in related health fields. In 2009, the school began offering diploma programs licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education.
In April 2013, Florida Medical Prep was purchased by Southern Technical Institute, LLC, 100% owned by Southern Technical Holdings, LLC. Southern Technical Institute, LLC does business as Southern Technical Institute. In 2015, Southern Technical Institute expanded operations with the addition of STI Orlando Campus and was also approved to offer Hybrid online learning to better serve its student population.
Mr. Reid Allison is the current Chief Executive Officer and Dr. Lori Moran is the current Chief Operating Officer and President of Southern Technical Institute, LLC.
The mission of Southern Technical Institute is to provide education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enables graduates to obtain entry-level employment.
The objectives of Southern Technical Institute are:
- To encourage the student’s intellectual pursuits and meet the business and technology demands of the economy;
- To prepare men and women for entry level positions in various medical and technical fields; and
- To provide a highly qualified faculty and staff to meet the needs of the student body.
Southern Technical Institute, Pinellas Park, Southern Technical Institute, Tavares, and Southern Technical Institute, Orlando are not accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. Students who wish to attend STI will not be eligible for Title IV federal financial assistance, state student financial assistance, or professional certification. In addition, credits earned at this institution may not be accepted for transfer to another institution and may not be recognized by employers.