for Current Florida CNAs
75-Hour Home Health Aide Certificate for CNAs
Are you currently a licensed Florida Certified Nurse Assistant looking to expand your healthcare training and job opportunities? Enjoy the rewards of assisting the elderly live independently at home through flexible work schedules working as a Home Health Aide.
To work for a Medicare or Medicaid licensed home health agency, a home health aide must complete at least 75 hours of healthcare training and/or successfully complete a competency evaluation given by the home health agency or nurse registry. Successful completion of this course satisfies the federal law requirement that home health aides employed by agencies accepting Medicare and Medicaid complete at least 75 hours of study (42 C.F.R.§484.36(a)(1)).
Take classes at your own pace through Southern Technical Institute’s Home Health Aide on-line training course. Ask a Southern Technical Institute Student Services Representative for details.
What you will learn:
- Southern Technical Institute’s home health aide training CNA course will prepare you to perform routine healthcare tasks within a home setting for today’s increasingly diverse population.
- The courses cover human physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs; health and illness; death and dying and resident/client/employee rights.
- You will learn behavior management, infection control and the importance of being a responsible and dependable member of a healthcare team while focusing on resident–centered care vs. institution–centered care.
- You will receive training in basic skills (bathing, dressing, grooming, exercising and toileting) and learn how to check and monitor vital signs—blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration and pain.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your skills during on-campus skills exercises.
- You also will learn the fundamentals of wellness and stress management for the caregiver.
Home Health Aide Certificates after Completion:
- Upon successful completion of the home health aide training coursework and on-campus skills lab, current Florida Certified Nurse Assistants will receive a 75-Hour Home Health Aide Certificate.
- Home Health Aides are not required to take a State of Florida regulated test; therefore, certificates are issued once candidates complete all required coursework and pass the Southern Technical Institute Home Health Aide exam.